At the start of the semester, I had a research question planned out. It was basically asking what the future holds for technology, and how we can prepare for using that technology in the classroom. Since then, I’ve refined things a bit. And in the interest of clarity, I’ve broken it down into a list of more specific questions:
- What methods can be developed to shorten the time it takes to incorporate new technologies into the classroom?
- How can we make sure that the way we incorporate a new technology is the best way to go about it?
- What technology should we prepare for?
- What potential paradigm shifts are coming, and what do they mean for pedagogy?
- How do we prepare for those shifts?
All good questions, I think. And all focusing on a common theme. Which brings me to a brief presentation I’ll be doing later today.